dx:400::arts _ re search ___

Friday, December 01, 2006

For some reason, I had so hard time solidifying my ideas for this assignment (#4).
I should just jot some of my ideas down because of the time restraint now.

-dragonfly

When I was little and was living in Korea, there were lots of dragonfly during summer and autumn.
I would capture a dragonfly sometimes for fun, sometimes for science homework.
And I would put it into the small bug cage that I could easily get from stores around the neighborhood.

When the dragonfly in the cage learn that the cage door is closed and it could not escape, it settles in the cage.
Even though I open the cage door it would not move and would not try to fly out--as if it forgot that it could fly but was captured.
It would take for dragonfly long time to actually realize that it was free and it could fly out from cage.

Somebody/something must interact with one. Some kind of output must communicate with one; that some output needs to act as a signal that creates powerful motive to move one from one paradigm into another. The output should tell something and create a shock to one so one can break the boundary. One should not settle in one's comfort zone cause in reality it is never comfort there.
For one to see this take some sacrifice of oneself.


I want to convey this idea above: the ignorance, empty comfort that somehow sad, feeling of lost in darkness, not knowing what to expect of the future, uncertainty, confusion, and the activity of breaking out from limited cage that is filled with unlimited fear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home